Gender marker change letters

Gender Marker Change Letter

Give this sample letter to your doctor. To change the gender marker on federal documents (Social Security, passport, immigration, etc.), you will need a signed original letter from a medical doctor. You can use the same letter to update the gender on a NYS Driver's License or State ID card, as well as New York City birth certificates. 

NY State Birth Certificates

If you were born in New York State outside of New York City, you will need an additional letter to change the gender on your birth certificate. Currently, only people over 18 can change the gender. Give this sample letter to your medical provider. Note that the medical provider must have this notarized.